You have seen this cliche beauty tip before, but what are the actual benefits of cucumber on eyes? Here is all you need to know about using cucumbers for your eyes. This guide will enlighten on all the benefits that cucumber provides for your skin.
Surprisingly, many skin care products are formulated with cucumber. LifeCell products offers a cleanser that includes cucumber fruit extract. But just what are the benefits of using this so called traditional fruit on the skin?
- Cucumber on eyes will revitalize the skin. Any skin cream, or cleanser, that contains cucumber is good for firming the skin.
- Cucumbers have a subtle, mild skin lightening effect. This is why cucumber on eyes is so often used for the dark circles under the eyes. This skin lightening effect can also make your skin appear youthful and glowing.
- The ascorbic acid and caffeic acid in cucumbers brings down the water retention in the eyes. This will reduce the swelling and puffiness around the eyes.
- Using cucumber on a sunburn can provide instant, cooling relief. If you experience sun burn on your facial skin, you can rub a freshly sliced cucumber on your skin to cool it down.
- Cucumber pulp can improve your skin’s complexion, especially if you are experiencing redness or irritation. Cucumber pulp can also help rejuvenate the skin.
- Cucumbers can help tighten open pores. Cucumber extract can be used as a toner or skin tightener. This is what makes it perfect in the LifeCell cleanser.
- Oddly enough, cucumber is not just beneficial on the face and eyes. It can be used on cellulite! Mix ground coffee with cumber juice, and some raw honey. You can apply this to cellulite and wrap it in cloth. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Cucumbers are 95% water, so in essence they are a great moisturizer for the skin.
- Cucumbers are high in vitamin E and potassium to reduce fine lines, act as an anti wrinkle treatment, reduce blemishes and many other signs of aging.
- Cucumbers on eyes also works well because cucumbers are high in silica and antioxidants. This abundance of antioxidants is what makes it one of the best anti aging products.
- Cucumbers are natural, so when you use cucumber on eyes you can be sure you are not applying anything that will irritate your eyes.
Using Cucumber For Eyes At Home
- You can apply two slices of freshly cut cucumber onto your eye area to help reduce the appearance of under eye darkness and puffiness. LifeCell’s under eye cream also works in this way to reduce and cool your under eyes.
- You can soak two cotton balls in the cucumber juice and apply it to your eyes.
- Grated cucumbers can treat freckles and even other blemishes. You can also apply cucumber juice to your face to treat freckles and age spots, because of the mild bleaching properties.
When it comes to putting products on your eyes, it is best to always make sure you use clean hands. Anytime you touch your eyes you are placing yourself at a risk of infection. When you apply eye products, make sure to use ones with applicators. Applicators can minimize the risk of infection. Applicators also reduce the risk of developing acne from the spread of bacteria.
Putting cucumbers on your eyes is generally a safe practice, but always make sure to use clean hands. You can also choose to buy cucumbers that are organic, to further promote the health of your skin and of the environment.
No that you know all the benefits that cucumbers provide, it is no wonder that this fruit has become such a staple in the beauty world! Between its anti aging capabilities, and the way it can hydrate the skin, it is one of the skin most wonderful skin care products. Cucumbers can also be wonderful for your skin when eaten in your diet. Because of its rich water content, it is low in calories. Cucumbers are also high in vitamin C, which we know is essential for keeping the skin healthy. Eat cucumbers and apply them to your skin to reap double the benefits!
For more on natural eye products, consider this info on the best natural eye products on the market.